A few helpful pointers to keep in mind while submitting nominations:
- When considering a donor family nomination please be mindful of the time elapsed since loss of their loved one, the family’s emotional state and where the family is in the grieving process. We understand the loss of a loved one is difficult and the grief process may be eternal, but we do want to feature families who have reached a point in their personal grief journey that allows them to portray the joy of their loved one’s life, and their Gift of Life, in their photo.
- People of all ages are welcome, and we balance between men and women.
- The more nominations, the better! No need to limit yourself to just one.
- If a photo is available to accompany a nomination, we find it helpful.
- Even if a nominee has been submitted before, a new submission form is required.
- Anyone can submit a nomination, including both LifeLink and transplant center staff, donor hospitals and/or other community members.
- Individuals may self-nominate… and do so all the time!
- Please remember, there is limited space in the calendar and so we can only feature a limited number of stories. Please avoid telling individuals or families you submit that you have done so, in order to avoid setting them up for disappointment in the event they are not chosen this time.
Submissions are due no later than Wednesday, January 31st.
Contact Tracy Ide with questions at (706) 513-2637 or Tracy.Ide@LifeLinkFound.org.