LifeLink Foundation is a non-profit community service organization dedicated to the recovery of life-saving and life-enhancing organs and tissue for transplantation therapy.
Based in the LifeLink of Georgia's Norcross office, the primary responsibility is to direct the resources available to bring about a successful recovery of organs and tissues for transplantation once a potential donor has been identified.
Included in this responsibility are placement of organs (attempting to maximize each donor); recovery and preservation of donated organs; and providing support and follow-up for involved parties.
- Identifies potential organs and tissue suitable for transplant.
- Responsible for the complete logistical coordination of all donors between procurement agencies and transplant centers and serves as communication link for all involved.
- Responsible for the ICU medical management of the organ donor, lymph node cut-down, organ specific evaluation for transplant, and organ placement to transplant centers.
- Circulates in surgery, packages and ships the organs and tissues, and provides organs for research when appropriate.
- Provides donor families with follow-up information and support as needed.
- R.N. or P.A. with ICU, CCU, OR and/or ER experience. One to 2 years work related experience and ability to achieve NATCO certification (i.e. Intensive Care Unit Nurse, Critical Care Unit Nurse, Operating Room Nurse, Emergency Room Nurse).
- Ability to deal with a high-stress level resulting from the emotionally and physically draining nature of the work.
- Availability to handle rotation of 24/7 call responsibilities. Must be able to perform functions under pressure and/or after 20-40 hours without sleep.
- Ability to carry and lift 1-80 pounds five percent of the time.
- Automobile and/or air travel on a regular basis. Must have a good driving record and current state driver license.
- Bilingual a plus.
LifeLink of Georgia offers an excellent benefits package to include company paid medical, dental, disability, life insurance and generous pension plan. To find out more about our wonderful organization, please visit our website at www.lifelinkfoundation.org. EOE