LifeLink Foundation has been named one of Tampa Bay's Top 100 Work Places 2016 by the Tampa Bay Times.
Based at LifeLink of Georgia’s Savannah office, a Transplant Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to direct the resources available to facilitate a successful recovery of organs and tissues for transplantation once a potential donor has been identified. Included in this responsibility is presenting the option of donation; placement of organs (attempting to maximize each donor); recovery and preservation of donated organs; and providing support and follow-up for involved parties. Coordinators are also to be available as resources and support for the Hospital Development and Public Education programs as directed by the Executive Director.
• Advanced medical, technical, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills required.
• Must be able to perform functions under pressure and/or after 20-40 hours without sleep.
• Experience in public speaking.
• Bilingual a plus.
• R.N. or P.A. preferred with ICU, CCU, ER and/or OR experience.
• Ability to work extended hours and customary work has an additional 7-day/24 hour per day availability.
• Ability to deal with a high-stress level resulting from the emotionally and physically draining nature of the work.
• Ability to travel.