Located in the LifeLink of Georgia Norcross Building, the Systems Administrator installs, supports, and maintains various information systems. Exercises a high level of customer service and responsiveness while installing new and/or expanding existing networks, systems, hardware, and software. The Systems Administrator monitors and maintains the information systems help desk and escalates high priority issues.
- Assist the Systems Administrator with administering the corporate LAN.
- Plan and execute new information technology, finalize projects and deliver solutions in line with the department’s and company’s missions.
- Maintain a high level of systems availability.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software-related problems.
- Provide on-call and weekend maintenance support to maintain 24/7 service levels and ensure proactive response to alerts or service requests.
- Configure network printing, directory structures, rights, and security on file servers.
- Monitor and maintain the Cisco wireless network.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network or systems issues.
- 5+ years systems administration experience.
- Acceptable combination of education, training, and experience normally acquired through completion of four years of college.
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco networks, Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft 365 applications.
- VMware experience.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary for maintaining strong relationships with all departments.
- Commitment to customer service throughout all levels of the organization.
- Cisco wireless and Cisco ISE experience a plus.
- Recent relevant Microsoft or Cisco certifications a plus.