LifeLink Foundation has been named one of Tampa Bay's Top 100 Work Places by the Tampa Bay Times.
Based at LifeLink of Georgia’s Norcross office, a Surgical Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to assist the recovery Transplant Coordinator with assigned clinical and non–clinical organ recovery procedures including set-up of the OR; completion of forms; OR circulation and scrubbing; and donor after care. This on-call position participates in a call rotation schedule taking approximately 15 (24-hour) call days a month.
- Obtain appropriate chart copies for LifeLink and Extra-renal teams one hour prior to surgery;
- Brief surgical staff;
- Bring LifeLink supplies;
- Assist with donor transportation.
- Ensure that anesthesia personnel have appropriate supplies and paperwork necessary.
- Assist circulating nurse with general duties.
- Gather specific sterile supplies for each organ to be recovered.
- Use proper technique when opening sterile supplies.
- Obtain appropriate blood specimens needed for organ recovery.
- Prepare appropriate amount of solution and sterile ice for preservation and packaging of abdominal organs to be recovered.
- Setup and run aortic and portal preservation.
- Setup and run cardiac and pulmonary preservation.
- Arrange appropriate transportation for recovery teams.
- Perform the above duties on local donors, as well as import recoveries.
- CST, CPT, EMT with a one-year minimum experience or AATB certification. (similar experience i.e Surgical Technician, Surgical Technologist, Surgical Assistant)
- Advanced technical, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Current valid State Driver License.
- Ability to travel (air/ground) when requested.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.