This position is necessary to help assure the safety and quality of allograft tissue prepared and for clinical use. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: data entry, maintenance of various Q.A. logs, maintenance of donor records, filing documentation into donor records, Q.C. and release of allograft tissue, preparing grafts for shipment and assisting in various Q.A. audits.
- Assists the QA Support Supervisor/Manager as directed.
- Responsible to assist in the physical management (tracking, auditing, resolving discrepancies) of allograft inventory being held in the QA Quarantine areas.
- Responsible for the data entry of information that was generated during the recovery of donor tissue.
- Responsible for filing information into donor records and informing supervisor of any discrepancies found.
- Assists in tracking and forwarding documents uploaded to the computer tracking system to other QA departments.
- Work closely with other QA departments to facilitate completion of donor charts.
- Assists in the maintenance of donor records.
- Responsible for forwarding relevant and/or requested donor information to outside partner tissue banks and assists in the maintenance of various outside agency pending lists.
- Responsible for forwarding completed Donor Tissue discard Records to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Assists in the Q.C. of allograft tissue prior to release into inventory.
- Assists in compiling records to be submitted for Donor Eligibility and Technical Review.
- Assists in the sending/tracking of autopsy reports and medical records.
- Assists in the sorting/distribution of incoming faxes to the Q.A. department.
- Work requires a High School Diploma and 1 year related experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and ability to type 50+wpm.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- The mental ability and visual acuity necessary to identify breaches in policy as they relate to procedures.
- Ability to work independently and maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Work requires strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal ability to interact with management, staff and outside contacts.
- Ability to be physically active from light to medium type of work, and must be able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
LifeLink offers a wonderful benefits package to include company paid medical and dental premiums, life insurance, disability insurance and a generous company paid pension plan. EOE.