Responsible for activities associated with tissue recovery. Works within general guidelines and in coordination with LifeLink Staff and Logistics Support Personnel, applies principles of sterile technique and surgical expertise in the recovery of a variety of cadaver tissues for transplant, participates in a rotating per-diem schedule updated every seven days for bone and tissue recoveries, maintains an open line of communication with the Recovery Supervisor 1 and the Tissue Recovery Manager.
- Participates in the surgical recovery of human tissue for transplantation.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehension of aseptic technique.
- Ability to circulate in an operating room setting.
- Inspect and monitor equipment, supplies and instrumentation being used for procurement.
- Observes environmental conditions and takes corrective measures as necessary. Reports deficiencies to supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of all sterile work areas and supplies needed for various stages of procurement.
- Consults with supervisors as it relates to accepted performances of various responsibilities.
- Adheres to established protocols set forth in the LifeLink Foundation Tissue Bank Standards and Procedures Manual.
- Perform any duties deemed necessary by the tissue team manager and the Executive Director.
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Program or a minimum of one year experience in aseptic technique preferred.
- A minimum of a high school diploma required.
- Work requires the ability to stand for ninety percent of the work time.
- Work requires the interpersonal ability to interact with fellow staff members, supervisors and management.
- Work requires the visual acuity and manual dexterity necessary to prepare tissue for clinical use and procure tissue in an aseptic manner.
- Once a contracted employee has submitted a schedule he/she will respond to cases when they are scheduled.
- All contracted employees will respond to pages within 15 minutes or the primary coordinator will move to the next on call employee.
- All contracted employees will arrive at the office within 1 Hour and 10 minutes of the being contacted.
- All contracted employees will be appropriately dressed for travel to a hospital. If necessary. This will consist of scrubs and a lab coat or jeans, a collared shirt and a lab coat. Lab coats will be made available
LifeLink Foundation, Inc. offers an exceptional benefits package to include company paid medical, dental, life insurance and company paid pension plan. Please submit your resume along with your salary requirement. LifeLink is an EOE.