Based out of the Norcross office, The Manager, Public Affairs will have a primary responsibility to work within established LifeLink Foundation policies, procedures and protocols to function as a manager and public educator. Through the application of approved public affairs program standards, manage PA staff and activities to establish positive working relationships with internal and external partners, with the ultimate goal of supporting the Foundation mission throughout all divisions and increasing organ/tissue donation through increased donor registrations. Serve as resource to team members within and outside the department.
- Assist with development, implementation and monitoring of communications plans, budgets and expenditures for the department.
- Manage PA coordinator(s), Sr. PA coordinators and/or specialist(s) as allocated in assigned division or territory including but not limited to screening, hiring, training, evaluating, coaching and goal setting in close cooperation with PA leadership.
- Develop, maintain and interpret tracking and evaluation systems to assess results of public affairs activities/donor registrations and contribute to monthly, annual, fiscal year and other reports.
- Oversee and participate in development and implementation of strategic public education/outreach plans and campaigns based on analysis of departmental tracking and donor designation data to positively impact donor designation rates in defined areas or populations.
- Minimum three years previous or equivalent professional experience in the position of Senior Public Affairs Coordinator (Senior Public Relations, Community Outreach, Marketing, Community Development, Nonprofit Management) demonstrating proficiency in the areas of public speaking, project and event management, problem resolution and leadership.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Creativity and judgment used when implementing special projects.
- Requires strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to interact with management, staff and outside contacts.