General responsibilities include, but are not limited to: case cart prep, sterile instrument processing, terminal cleaning, and decontamination of specialized surgical instrumentation/equipment, distribution of instruments and/or supplies utilized by the procurement and processing departments.
** Shift: Friday through Sunday, 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM (3) 12 hr. shifts
- Assist with handling and set up of equipment and supplies to be processed by Central Services.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Maintain and fill solution carts as needed.
- Receive deliveries and place stock in its proper location in sterile supply room.
- Attend continuing education courses to retain certification as it relates to the Central Service Department.
- Receives, cleans, decontaminates and packages surgical instruments and/or equipment as necessary.
- Perform daily monitoring and weekly cleaning of sterilization equipment.
- Sterilize instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using steam and Sterrad sterilizers. Load the sterilizers appropriately.
- Complete the appropriate electronic documentation records prior to the sterilization process.
- Perform Quality Control for the sterilizers to verify that all requirements for the sterilization have been meet.
- Work requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CRCST certificate preferred or the ability to achieve CRCST certification.
- Work requires the ability to work 40 hours per week on a 10 or 12 hour shift with scheduled overtime.
- Work requires the ability to lift and carry equipment ranging in weight from one to fifty pounds and to stand for ninety percent of the work time.
- Work requires the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines; good eye and hand coordination.
- Work requires the interpersonal ability to interact with staff and management.
- Work requires the mental ability to prepare the documentation necessary to conform to the standards of the procedure manual, AAMI standards, AATB standards, OSHA requirements and all other relevant agencies.
Sterile instrument processing and decontamination surgical instrumentation/equipment: 1 year
High school or equivalent