LifeLink Foundation, Inc. Published: January 25, 2019
LifeLink Foundation has been named one of Tampa Bay's Top 100 Work Places 2016 by the Tampa Bay Times.
- Provide oversight and participate in the planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of all aspects of the hospital development, organ recovery and all OPO initiatives/activities.
- Provide guidance and overall supervision of staff functions, determining the need for and facilitating staff meetings, providing training, coaching, and mentoring of staff through ongoing open communication with department managers.
- Oversees the employee interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, disciplining and counseling to include annual evaluations and performance appraisals.
- Provide appropriate verbal and written communication to include discussions and correspondence with external regulating agencies, OPOs, transplant programs, medical examiners offices, hospitals, and referring and procuring physicians.
- Provide oversight and review all data and documentation required for submission, to meet deadlines for federal and state certifications and scheduled data submissions to UNOS, AOPO, HHS, OSHA, as well as responses to other external agencies, NATCO, and others.
- Provide oversight to the organ billing process, ensuring that deadlines are met for submission to the Finance and Accounting division.
- Participate in and provide supervision and guidance to the management team regarding the OPO annual and ongoing budget process, providing administrative and fiscal oversight and monitoring throughout the OPO.
- Participate in Administrative Call responsibilities including appropriate communication with the Risk Manager, serving as one of the first line of communication for the referral management program, consultation for donor evaluation, suitability, case progress and special situations when on call.
- Facilitate and provide guidance to the leadership team. Assist in their development and growth as leaders within the organization.
- In staff meetings, workshops, and special projects, encouraging and enlisting staff participation, monitoring deadlines and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Represent LifeLink in statewide and national forums, when authorized to do so.
- Responsible for assisting the OPO Executive Director with the direction of the quality assessment performance improvement (QAPI) activities for the OPO as outlined in the OPO Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Plan.
- A four-year medical related college degree or equivalent; a minimum of two (2) years comprehensive staff management experience in a medical environment with high level of leadership responsibilities; and, two (2) or more years of clinical experience or previous relative OPO management experience at an executive level.
- Fully Bilingual. Able to fluently communicate written and verbally in both English and Spanish language.
- Knowledgeable of local Health/Hospital Systems and Federal Regulatory Agencies.
- Above average leadership, interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication, conflict-resolution and prioritizing skills with high level of commitment and confidentiality, using creativity and sound-judgment.
- A self-starter with proven initiative and professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle high stress situations, coordinating other’s activities in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Availability for 24/7 on call rotation and cellular telephone accessibility.