LifeLink is a non-profit community service organization dedicated to the recovery of life-saving and life-enhancing organs and tissue for transplantation therapy. Our Transplant Immunology Laboratory is searching for a highly motivated full-time Medical Technologist.
- Molecular HLA typing, HLA antibody detection, flow cytometry and infectious disease testing.
- Receives, logs, bills and prepares specimens for analysis, including stat blood and tissue samples from patients and deceased donors.
- Operates instruments according to established protocols. Prepares and uses proper standards and controls with each procedure necessary to determine proper performance of instruments, reagents, and tests.
- Rotates on-call duties with other technologists. Carries a cell phone at all times when on call, responds to calls within 15 minutes of contact and must be able to report to work within 1 hour to perform histocompatibility and infectious disease assays under stat conditions.
- Effectively communicates and documents on-call event timelines and test results.
- Checks all results and computer data entry for accuracy and reports results promptly to supervisor(s) and coordinators.
- Practices confidentiality and follows all safety precautions, rules and regulations as specified by LifeLink and laboratory policies.
- Rotating weekday/weekend call coverage and working extended hours on-call.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a biological science, and Florida certification as a Technologist in histocompatibility, immunology/serology or immunohematology.
- Solid scientific grounding needed to learn appropriate technical procedures and to make decisions under supervision upon which critical medical decisions are based.
- Certification by the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) as a Certified Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) must be sought within three years of employment.
- Experience with molecular HLA typing a plus.
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills.
LifeLink offers a competitive salary, great benefits package to include company paid premiums for medical, dental, disability, life insurance and a generous pension plan. This position also gives the opportunity to work with a growing transplant team in a challenging environment. EOE.