LifeLink Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit community service organization dedicated to the recovery of life-saving and life-enhancing organs and tissue for transplantation therapy. Our Transplant Immunology Laboratory is searching for a highly motivated, experienced Histocompatibility Technologist to oversee the molecular area of the laboratory. This individual must demonstrate approachability, positive attitude and effective communication skills.
- Has a strong working knowledge of advanced procedures in antibody testing using solid phase technology, flow cytometry and molecular genetics, and performs assays as needed.
- Rotates on-call as a Team Leader, working remotely after hours performing antibody assessments and coordinating sample delivery and on-call technologists.
- Able to organize and oversee the molecular area of the laboratory and is responsible for monitoring the quality of overall results, individual reagents/ reactions and samples.
- Investigates/troubleshoots unusual or problematic results and events and communicates to appropriate individuals.
- Participates in the evaluation of new tools/techniques, advising on their merits/drawbacks and overseeing their implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a biological science and eligible for Florida Licensure as a Supervisor in histocompatibility.
- Eligible for certification by the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI) as a Certified Histocompatibility Specialist (CHS).
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the field of human histocompatibility testing and transplant immunology, at least 2 of which include the responsibility for evaluating, implementing and troubleshooting molecular HLA methods.
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills.
LifeLink offers an excellent benefits package to include company paid premiums for medical/dental (to include family coverage), company paid disability & life insurance, along with a generous company paid pension plan. LifeLink is an EOE.