The LifeLink Legacy Fund is a separate 501(c)3 established in 1990 to support the LifeLink Foundation’s efforts in organ and tissue donation and transplantation. Over the last twenty-six years, the Legacy Fund has emerged into a boundless support system for pre- and post-transplant patients in need of financial assistance. The Legacy Fund also provides funding for critical research and programs to improve organ and tissue donation and transplant. To date, the Legacy Fund has been privileged to contribute over $1.4 million to hundreds of individuals in Georgia, South Carolina and Florida.
LifeLink Legacy Fund Board of Directors
- Larry F. Jones, B. A., Chairman
- Victor D. Bowers, M.D.
- Jeffrey Eckhart, M.B.A.
- Dennis F. Heinrichs, B.S.N., MBA
- William M. LeFor, Ph.D., HCLD (ABB)
- Mrs. Martha Minahan
- Dana L. Shires M.D., FACP
- Joel T. VanSickler, M.D.
- Mrs. Lin Weber, B.A.
- John D. Whelchel, M.D., FACS
- Ms. Stephanie Hernandez, Treasurer (Not a Director)
- Ms. Samantha Eide, Secretary (Not a Director)
How We Fulfill The Mission
The Legacy Fund is privileged to help hundreds of individuals in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Below are a few ways the Legacy Fund currently supports its transplant communities. As the Legacy Fund grows, our outreach efforts will expand as well as our support of more patients and organizations. Our financial support comes in many forms:
- Financial requests are fulfilled for patients in LifeLink service areas. Types of financial assistance include:
- Certain critical expenses for living donors and recipients while recuperating from their procedures.
- Costs associated with medically necessary dental procedures and treatments required to be activated on the transplant waiting list.
- Live-saving immunosuppressive medications for underinsured post-transplant recipients.
- Other important pre- and post-transplant surgery costs associated with the need for transplant patients and living donors to be regularly monitored.
To learn more about transplant patient assistance, contact your local transplant center.
All Children’s Hospital: http://www.allkids.org
Cleveland Clinic Florida: http://my.clevelandclinic.org/florida/departments/transplant
Georgia Regents: http://www.grhealth.org/transplant-program
Gulf Coast Medical Center: http://www.leememorial.org/facilities/gcmcenter.asp
Largo Medical Center: http://largomedical.com/service/kidney-transplant-services
Tampa General Hospital: https://www.tgh.org/transplant-center
Research and Programmatic Grants
- Scientific endeavors to improve organ and tissue transplantation outcomes.
- Organizations and their initiatives associated with organ and tissue transplantation and donation.
How You Can Support The Mission
There are many ways you can donate and help a donor or recipient in need.
- To donate online, click here.
- Donate by telephone: 800-262-5775 ext. 4541
- To donate by mail, send this this form and your contribution to the address below.
- LifeLink Foundation, Attn: LifeLink Legacy Fund, 9661 Delaney Creek Boulevard, Tampa, Florida 33619
- To receive LifeLink Legacy Fund’s Community E-Newsletter, complete this form and submit.
Additional Avenues to Donate
LifeLink Legacy Fund Fundraisers
- Endowment Funds
- Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Stocks & Bonds
- Gift of Life Insurance
- LifeLink employees can donate bi-weekly directly from their paychecks to the Legacy Fund. Please contact the Human Resources Department for complete information and documentation.
- Many companies offer their employees the opportunity to donate to a non-profit organization. If this is offered, a deduction can be taken directly from each paycheck.
- When you shop on Amazon, 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchase can be donated directly to the LifeLink Legacy Fund. To participate, click here and LifeLink Foundation will be selected as your charity of choice, then you can proceed with your purchase. For future purchases, visit smile.amazon.com, log in to your account, and the LifeLink Foundation will automatically be chosen as your charity of choice. The same products are offered on both the Amazon Smile and Amazon websites at the same prices.
Memorial & Honor Gifts
- Donations can be made in memory of a loved one. This is a great opportunity to pay tribute to an amazing life.
- Donations can be made in honor of a loved one to help celebrate any number of occasions – a successful transplant, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. are all fantastic ways to pay tribute to a loved one.
Plan a Fundraiser
- A great way to raise funds is to plan a fundraiser and donate the proceeds to the Legacy Fund. Host a car wash, garage sale, etc. and let the patrons know the funds will be donated to a great cause.
For more information on any of these avenues of donation, please contact Holly Stallings at 800-262-5775 ext. 4541 or click here to send us a message.