More than 30 years ago, a small group of innovators, led by renowned nephrologist Dr. Dana Shires, made a commitment to save lives through organ and tissue donation and LifeLink Foundation was born. What was once a small non-profit organization with big dreams but only a few employees is now a much larger organization – with more than 500 full and part time staff in west central Florida, Georgia, and Puerto Rico – who fulfills the life-saving dreams of waiting transplant recipients through the generosity of organ and tissue donors.
LifeLink Foundation is made up of five divisions: LifeLink of Florida, LifeLink of Georgia, LifeLink of Puerto Rico, LifeLink Transplantation Immunology Laboratory and LifeLink Tissue Bank.
LifeLink Tissue Bank provides lifesaving and life-enhancing tissue allografts to patients in need.
Board of Governors
- Dennis F. Heinrichs, B.S.N., MBA*, Chairman of the Board
- Dana L. Shires, M.D., Chairman of the Board Emeritus
- Victor D. Bowers, M.D.*
- William H. Cleveland, M.D.
- Ms. Jean Aiken Davis*
- Larry F. Jones, B.A.
- Lawrence Kahana, M.D., Member Emeritus
- William M. LeFor, Ph.D., HCLD (ABB)
- Robert Metzger, M.D.
- Mr. William J. Meurer
- Luis A. Morales Otero, M.D.*
- Mr. Harold W. Mullis, Jr.
- Mr. George H. Ohye
- Thomas C. Pearson, M.D., Ph.D.*
- Ms. Brandi Quinn, MAcc, C.P.A.
- Jeffrey L. Seavey, CFP
- Marty Sellers, M.D*
- Esther Torres, M.D.*
- Joel T. VanSickler, M.D
- J. David Vega, M.D.
- John D. Whelchel, M.D., FACS*
- Deborah Winegard, J.D.
- James J. Wynn M.D.*
- Ms. Michele Eggsware, Employee Representative
- Bryan C. McDonald, MAcc, C.P.A., Treasurer (Not a Governor)
- Ms. Samantha Eide, Corporate Secretary (Not a Governor)
* Denotes Medical Advisory Committee