All Critical Care, Emergency Room, Palliative Care Nurses, Physician Assistants, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners are Invited to Attend.
April 7, 2017, 8 am – 4 pm
Bryan Glazer Family JCC
522 North Howard Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33606
CEUs, Trauma, and Stroke Hours Offered
No Registration Fee!
Continental Breakfast and Lunch Provided
** Register by March 24th **
Registration and Breakfast at 7:00 a.m.
Program Begins Promptly at 8:00 a.m. and Ends at 4:00 p.m.
- “A New Hope:” A Gift of Life Story
- The Need by the Numbers: Lives Hanging in the Balance
- Effective Communication: Transitioning from Despair to Hope
- Hot Topics: Donation and Transplantation Advances
- Optimizing Donor Potential: The Clinical Balancing Act
- The Donation After Circulatory Death (DCD) Process
- The Declaration of Death
- Connect to Cause
- The Force is with You to Save Lives
- Increase awareness of local and national best practice initiatives, partnering with Health and Human Services, Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services, Joint Commission, and DNV Healthcare Inc. and local hospitals.
- Gain an increased understanding of the donation process, including the referral process, donor management, brain death declaration and family communication.
- Understand the Donation After Circulatory Death (DCD) process.
- Connect the role of the healthcare professional to the outcomes of donation and transplantation.